School Librarian Interview – 25 Questions with Smart Answers

 

🎯 School Librarian Interview – 25 Questions with Smart Answers

🟢 Phase 1: Introduction

1. Please introduce yourself.
I am MLISc qualified librarian with practical experience in school library management. I have hands-on experience in automation, stock verification, collection development, and KPI reporting. My goal is to build a modern, student-centric library.

2. Why did you choose Library Science?
I believe libraries shape students’ thinking and reading habits. I wanted to contribute to academic growth and knowledge management.

3. What is your qualification and experience?
I have completed MLISc and have experience managing school library operations including cataloguing, classification, and digital records.

4. Why do you want to join our school?
Your institution values academic excellence, and I want to contribute by strengthening the library as a learning resource center.

5. What makes you suitable for this post?
My practical knowledge, automation skills, and ability to manage library records efficiently make me suitable for this role.


🟡 Phase 2: Technical Knowledge

6. What is Library Automation?
Library Automation means using software to manage cataloguing, circulation, OPAC, and reporting efficiently.

7. Which software do you know?
I am familiar with automation software like e-Granthalaya and other basic LMS platforms.

8. Difference between Accession Register and Catalogue?
Accession Register records book entry details permanently, while Catalogue helps users locate books subject-wise or author-wise.

9. What is Classification?
Classification organizes books systematically according to subject using systems like DDC.

10. What is OPAC?
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) allows users to search library materials digitally.


🔵 Phase 3: Practical Questions

11. How do you conduct Stock Verification?
By matching accession register with physical books, identifying missing items, calculating loss percentage, and preparing a report.

12. What is Collection Development Policy?
It is a written guideline for selecting, acquiring, and weeding library materials systematically.

13. How do you select books?
Based on curriculum needs, teacher recommendations, student demand, and budget availability.

14. How do you calculate Book-Student Ratio?
Book-Student Ratio = Total Books / Total Students.

15. What will you do if books go missing?
Identify through stock verification, prepare missing list, calculate permissible loss, and seek committee approval.


🟣 Phase 4: Policy & Modern Role

16. Role according to NEP 2020?
Promote reading culture, digital literacy, multilingual resources, and experiential learning support.

17. How will you promote reading habits?
By organizing reading competitions, book talks, and library periods.

18. How can librarian support teachers?
By providing reference materials, digital content, and subject-based resource lists.

19. What digital initiatives can you introduce?
Barcode system, OPAC, digital resource database, and library blog updates.

20. How do you manage library budget?
By analyzing curriculum needs, circulation data, and maintaining balanced allocation.


🔴 Phase 5: Situational Questions

21. If students are not coming?
I will introduce engaging activities, reading campaigns, and interactive sessions.

22. If budget is reduced?
Prioritize essential books and explore digital/open resources.

23. How will you handle discipline?
By setting clear rules and maintaining a positive reading environment.

24. What are KPI?
Key Performance Indicators measure library performance like circulation rate and growth rate.

25. Do you have any questions?
Yes, I would like to know about library automation support and annual budget structure.


💡 Final Tip: Always give practical examples with data to impress the panel.

टिप्पणियाँ

इस ब्लॉग से लोकप्रिय पोस्ट

UGC NET Library Science Paper-2 MCQs (Unit-wise) with Answers & Explanation

Library Staff: Types, Duties & Responsibilities | UGC NET Library Science

Library Stock Verification: Meaning, Need & Methods | UGC NET Library Science